IMS (Insurance and Mobility Solutions), is a leader in connected car and telematics services. We provide services and analytics to insurers, governments and enterprises. We are proud to be the developer of the industry acclaimed; cloud based “Drive-Sync” connected car platform. From insurers and governments, to dealerships and everyday drivers, we’re proud to produce technology that makes driving – Safer. Smarter. Greener.
The purpose of the Master Technician role is to audit, train and mentor internal IMS engineers and 3PLIN (3rd party installer network) and ensuring the highest quality installations for our customers.
The Master Technician is a vital component of the business, responsible for:
- Auditing install quality for internal engineering team and 3PLIN
- Research and develop approved fitting guides for new vehicles using manufacturer technical data and hands on testing of device locations
- Investigate and document faults reported by dealerships
- Present device health and issues to internal Hardware forum
- Continuously train and develop internal IMS engineering team
- Build an internal training programme for internal IMS engineering team
- Install and manage a “Best Practice” fit forum with 3PLIN
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Motor vehicle technician to C&G standard/BTEC engineering/vehicle electrical or diagnostic technician
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to work well under pressure in a busy environment with a focus on delivering great customer service.
- Ability communicate verbally or electronically at all levels of the business
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to interpret and analyse statistical information relating to vehicle diagnosis and reporting and to earn and analyze telematics data for operation of the device, installation and to be able to diagnose GPS issues and trends, with an eye for detail and accuracy
- Experience in MS office, Vehicle diagnostic and electrical test equipment with a proven capability to learn new systems quickly.
- Willingness to take personal responsibility for team targets and work efficiently and effectively with all team members