IMS (Insurance and Mobility Solutions), is a leader in connected car and telematics services. We provide services and analytics to insurers, governments and enterprises. We are proud to be the developer of the industry acclaimed; cloud based “Drive-Sync” connected car platform. From insurers and governments, to dealerships and everyday drivers, we’re proud to produce technology that makes driving – Safer. Smarter. Greener.
The Technical Writing team are a small but integral function within our Product Department. Reporting into the Senior Business Analyst, and collaborating with colleagues in the UK and Canada, this team document, analyse and create all technical content for our products.
The Technical Writer is responsible for all stages of the documentation life cycle, including receiving and evaluating requests, updating, editing, reviewing, and publishing in accordance of IMS writing standards. The Technical Writer quickly adapts and responds to changes and internal initiatives, demonstrating a ‘get it done’ attitude, the ability to make smart, independent decisions, and the leadership to produce documentation for software releases. With extraordinary attention to detail, communication, and flexibility, this is an integral part of the team, helping it scale and grow.
- Writing easy to understand high-quality documentation for a variety of audiences
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities for multiple simultaneous projects
- Ensure updates are made to content in compliance with the corporate brand and writing standards
- Manage day to day writing and publishing needs to deliver content online for consumption through virtual web-based channels
- Analyze documentation and work with teams to assist in documentation re-design
- Edit, clarify, and proofread documents written by others, and coach non-writers on ways to improve their writing and communication skills
- Minimum 3 years of proven experience working in technical writing of software documentation
- Experience with XML, CSS, or HTML
- Familiarity with the SDLC and software development
- Knowledge of Adobe PhotoShop, Illustrator, Sketch, InDesign, and/or other software
- Excellent written and oral skills in English
- Experience working on API, SDK, and other development documentation
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Knowledge of layouts, visual fundamentals, typography, and web design
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Experience with Jira and Confluence an asset
WHY JOIN US?
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic, growing organisation and put your own stamp on things. As we introduce more products to the market, this role has the potential to grow in scope and will give the opportunity to increase your skill set and knowledge.