Technical Application Support
IMS (Insurance and Mobility Solutions), is a leader in connected car and telematics services. We provide services and analytics to insurers, governments and enterprises. We are proud to be the developer of the industry acclaimed; cloud based “Drive-Sync” connected car platform. From insurers and governments, to dealerships and everyday drivers, we’re proud to produce technology that makes driving – Safer. Smarter. Greener.
The Technical Application Support is a varied and busy role, with countless learning opportunities and potential for career growth. The purpose of this role is to assist the Insurance product team and using test applications to enable software delivery to our customers. In this role you will communicate effectively with development teams and partners to get to the root cause of issues and articulate back through relevant processes. You will product test various applications and bespoke customer products, reporting and managing raised issues.
This role will involve working from home, with possible infrequent trips to the head office in Crewe.
- Smoke testing various applications and bespoke products to ensure that they are fit for purpose before customer use
- Stress and Hunter testing of software delivery
- Communicating issues, and creating reports
- Interacting daily with Senior Management, key customers and external stakeholders
- Utilising the Jira platform to review and create test reporting
- Being a key contact for the Insurance Policy Admin team helpdesk function
- Attend calls with external customers articulating actions and resolutions
- Product testing the V6 TCAS application
- Website testing Q&B and Aggregator integrations
- Occasional out of hours release testing
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Proven communication skills both in written and verbal
- A drive for results, and attention to detail
- Thirst for knowledge and eagerness to learn
- Knowledge of change and version control
- Experience in problem solving
- Helpdesk experience an advantage
- A knowledge of Transactor V6 platform, either as a user or tester.
- Ability to write and follow test plans
- An understanding of how Private Car insurance works
- An understanding in financial processes a benefit