IMS (Insurance and Mobility Solutions), is a leader in connected car and telematics services. We provide services and analytics to insurers, governments and enterprises. We are proud to be the developer of the industry acclaimed; cloud based “Drive-Sync” connected car platform. From insurers and governments, to dealerships and everyday drivers, we’re proud to produce technology that makes driving – Safer. Smarter. Greener.
The Architecture team is a small, newly formed team who work closely with stakeholders, and subject matter experts to design and embed technology systems, governance and solutions that are aligned with the company’s business and technology strategy. They are primarily responsible for defining and shaping the logical and technical architecture that will support various product and project teams as they implement their product visions.
The role will work closely with the Head of Architecture, Engineering, Data Science and Product functions to create robust architectures that will enable the implementation to progress at pace. They will be comfortable working across front end channels, data processing pipelines, data access layers and core platform components. There will be a deep focus on cost to serve, speed to process and global data protection adherence and experience in these areas is essential.
- Ensure adherence to the broader architectural and IT principles and standards
- Oversee the implementation of a technical architecture based on business requirements and IT strategies
- Develop logical and technical architectures in conjunction with the engineering teams to provide direction and structure to the various products and projects across the enterprise
- Perform the analysis and design of tasks related to the development of a solutions architecture, producing detailed and executable architectural diagrams and technical documentation
- Analyse business drivers to determine corresponding change requirements
- Contribute to principles and standards to guide the technology decisions for the business
- Facilitate and lead the evaluation and selection of technology product standards, as well as the design of standard technology configurations
- Define transition steps and strategy from the current to the future technology architecture
- Manage and oversee internal and external technology resources in the delivery of agreed solutions
- Proven experience of designing and overseeing the implementation of highly scalable architectures in an AWS environment, preferably with supporting AWS Solution Architect certifications
- Intimate knowledge of working with AWS native components with the ability to describe best practices and standards for implementation with AWS Solution Architecture certifications
- Experience of working in an agile environment
- Experience following & policing code & documentation standards
- Experience communicating very technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Experience gathering requirements and ensuring they are communicated to and understood by others
- A completer finisher mentality
WHY JOIN US?
This is a great opportunity for some true greenfield thinking, with the successful candidate joining the organisation at an integral time and being involved right at the beginning of significant change. If you are somebody who is looking for an opportunity to put your own stamp on a business, then apply today!