IMS (Insurance and Mobility Solutions), is a leader in connected car and telematics services. We provide services and analytics to insurers, governments and enterprises. We are proud to be the developer of the industry acclaimed; cloud based “Drive-Sync” connected car platform. From insurers and governments, to dealerships and everyday drivers, we’re proud to produce technology that makes driving – Safer. Smarter. Greener.
As a Software Developer you will be skilled at developing cutting edge web applications using the components of .net programming. The role requires the design, development and implementation of applications which provide solutions to business problems.
You will be expected to undertake such duties as; consulting with clients about their business requirements, building applications to client specifications, customising current applications in line with changing business needs, reporting specifics of an application, evaluating the performance of an application and testing / implementing all software solutions.
- Execute full lifecycle software development
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Tailor and deploy software tools, processes and metrics
- Serve as a subject matter expert
- Comply with project plans and industry standard
- Implement and test work against an agreed requirement specification
- Ability to work well within a team and support others
- Implementing APIs for internal and external use.
- Building up a useful, robust automated test suite to support a Continuous Deployment environment.
- Being involved in the wider web development community, identifying good practices we can adopt and sharing our experiences.
- Sharing knowledge of tools and techniques with the wider team, both developers and non-developers
- Taking part in 2nd-line support of applications and platforms, including occasional support outside of office hours
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Experience building server-side web applications
- Knowledge of .Net development frameworks, strong knowledge of C#
- Communication skills, to convey technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Experience working on technical projects within a team
- Knowledge of the use of version control systems such as subversion or git
- Ability to quickly research and learn new programming tools and techniques
- Be a self-starter who can be relied on to get the job done
- Flexibility and adaptability, resilient and able to change focus on demand
- The ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines individually or as part of a team; with an exceptional attention to detail
- A passion for technology and knowledge of the full software / product development lifecycle
- System administration and configuration management skills
- Experience of building and scaling high-traffic websites
- Understanding of the use of Responsive Web Design
- Experience of designing and maintaining public HTTP APIs
- Experience of handling large data sets and scaling their handling and storage
- Proven work experience as a computer software engineer or software developer
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases and SQL Server
- Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (MVC, ASP.NET)
- Experience with test-driven development
- Ability to document requirements and specifications
- Familiarity with software development methodology and release processes
- Knowledge of product management concepts and how enterprise software products are positioned and developed
- Knowledge of testing types (unit testing, integration testing, functional testing, system testing, regression testing, acceptance testing, load testing, penetration testing)
- Knowledge of relational and non-relational database systems