IMS (Insurance and Mobility Solutions), is a leader in connected car and telematics services. We provide services and analytics to insurers, governments and enterprises. We are proud to be the developer of the industry acclaimed; cloud based “Drive-Sync” connected car platform. From insurers and governments, to dealerships and everyday drivers, we’re proud to produce technology that makes driving – Safer. Smarter. Greener.
The Scrum Master’s role is to ensure that high quality product is delivered in the most efficient way to the customer through the definition and promotion of agility and agile ways of working.
The scrum master will work with:
- Product owners to ensure their goals are defined and understood
- Developers to remove impediments to delivery
- The wider organisation on agility, agile ways of working and the benefits of such practices
- Ensure that the delivery team has a solid understanding of the required business outcomes and the product domain
- Ensure effective Product backlog management is in place and promote the need for clear and concise backlog items
- Arrange and prioritise in conjunction with product owners to ensure we are always delivering what brings real value to our customers.
- Build an understanding of practicing agility and agile ways of working
- Ensure the team are focused on the outcomes and understand the business domain
- Facilitate and prompt delivery of high value product for the customer
- Establish (and facilitate as needed) the agile ceremonies
- Provide coaching to the team in agility and agile ways of working
- Help in the removal of things that are hindering the delivery of high value product
- Coaching the team on agile practices and effective ceremony execution (stand ups, estimation, backlog grooming, demonstrations, retrospectives – inspect and adapt workshops).
- Holding workshops to teach agile concepts and create communities of practice across the organization.
- Improving team’s engineering quality practices by encouraging TDD, test automation, continuous integration, and collective ownership.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Experience in a Technical Delivery role, preferably a DevOps or Engineering background
- Knowledge of Agile ways of working – specifically “the three pillars”.
- CSM Certified would have significant hands-on Scrum Master experience
- Agile experience in Scrum, Lean, Kanban, XP Practices and/or SAFE
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels
- Ability to work with technical teams
- Ability to build and maintain strong collaborative relationships
- Ability to enact change quickly
- Strong leadership and conflict resolution skills
- Experience in hardware or complex systems engineering strongly preferred
- Experience with JIRA desired