IMS (Insurance and Mobility Solutions), is a leader in connected car and telematics services. We provide services and analytics to insurers, governments and enterprises. We are proud to be the developer of the industry acclaimed; cloud based “Drive-Sync” connected car platform. From insurers and governments, to dealerships and everyday drivers, we’re proud to produce technology that makes driving – Safer. Smarter. Greener.
This role is to manage the infrastructure and cloud team’s work input, output and interface into the IMS business. The role is accountable for ensuring the continued uptime and improvement of production services and managing the team to deliver new services into a live state by working with the DevOps function.
The Infrastructure Team is a team that operates in Canada and United Kingdom and you will be responsible and accountable for their management and development. You will be involved in projects and improvements that benefit both UK and Canadian infrastructure in both the on premise and cloud environments.
Specific Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Understand budget constraints whilst developing maintenance and capacity plans which can feed into budget planning and adherence.
- Work closely with IT Operations and Software Engineering teams to implement projects and infrastructure improvements through the technical staff with your team.
- Ensure that design processes, documentation processes and implementation processes are clearly defined, understood and adhered to by technical staff.
- Apply security, monitoring and alerting best practices to all existing and new systems with consultation from the Information Security team.
- Work with both on premise and cloud-based infrastructure using different technologies
- Research new technologies and leverage abilities from the technical staff within the team
- Develop and manage the delivery of plans to maximize the utilisation and minimise the cost of our cloud environments.
- Manage Technical resource availability and skill mix across the organisation.
- Support the CIO is development of IT Strategy planning.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to team members
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Strong staff and performance management
- Excellent organisation, planning and delegation
- Good budget planning and adherence
- Understanding of licensing models and associate cost mitigation strategies
- Strong understanding of cloud technologies and architectures (AWS & Azure)
- Good problem solving and problem resolution completion
- Experience of HA, BC and DR planning and successful implementation within the wider business to encompass all service provision
- Understanding of Agile/Kanban/Scrum working practices
Demonstrable Experience of the following:
- Managing complex infrastructure through technical staff within a performance culture and ensuring the infrastructure is compliant with ISO27001 and GDPR regulation
- Assigning and coordinating work assignments and resolution of critical technical and procedural problems aligned to service level agreements
- Adhering to or beating budget through implementation of technology, efficient process, and clear working practice
- Well managed delegation to resulting in successful delivery
- Producing capacity and patch management plans for implementation through technical teams and the management of planned outcomes
- Negotiation with suppliers on cost, service and IP where necessary
- Customers Matter
- Go Beyond
- We Care
- Working Together
- Think Differently
Other Contextual Information/Special Features:
- On call as required.
- Due to the geographical nature of the role, availability outside normal UK hours may be required
- May involve travel from time to time