IMS (Insurance and Mobility Solutions), is a leader in connected car and telematics services. We provide services and analytics to insurers, governments and enterprises. We are proud to be the developer of the industry acclaimed; cloud based “Drive-Sync” connected car platform. From insurers and governments, to dealerships and everyday drivers, we’re proud to produce technology that makes driving – Safer. Smarter. Greener.
The Infrastructure team sits within our IT Operations function which operates across the UK and Canada, and collaborates with the wider Engineering teams to ensure the uptime operation of both the cloud and on premise infrastructure.
The role of Infrastructure Engineer ensures the continued uptime and improvement to production services and is involved in projects and improvements that benefit both UK and Canadian infrastructure.
- Work closely with the IT Operations and development teams to implement projects and infrastructure improvements.
- Design, document, implement and maintain multiple cloud and on-premise infrastructures
- Apply security, monitoring and alerting best practices to all existing and new systems
- Work with both on premise and cloud-based infrastructure using different technologies
- Research new technologies and advocate for and implement them to make us better
- Maximize utilization and minimize cost of our cloud environments
- Act as 3rd line escalation for the support team
- Windows desktop and server skills
- Strong Office 365 skills (Exchange, Teams )
- Database administration skills (MSSQL, MYSQL)
- Web application skills (IIS,)
- Skills in IaaS and PaaS cloud technologies (Azure, AWS )
- Skills in monitoring technologies (AWS Cloudwatch, Azure Log analytics, Solarwinds)
- Scripting Skills (Bash/Shell, Python, powershell, Java,)
- Understanding of Agile/Kanban/Scrum
- Strong experience with VMware 5.x & 6.x
- Strong analytical and debugging skills
- Understanding of networking concepts (IP, DNS, Routing )
WHY JOIN US?
This is a great opportunity to join a fast moving business, in a role that will give you great exposure to new technology and promotes collaboration and innovative thinking.